Welcome to the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission (WERC)
The mission of the commission is to promote peaceful and harmonious labor-management relations by professionally and impartially administering Wisconsin’s municipal, state and private sector labor relations statutes to protect and promote the interrelated interests of the public, the employee and the employer.
Through its administration of the statutes, the commission aims to provide taxpayers, labor, management and the public with cost-effective services that promote employment peace, employee freedom to choose whether to bargain collectively, uninterrupted production of goods and services, orderly and constructive employment relations, and efficient administration of state and local government.
- Municipal Employee Union Elections Set for April 1 – April 21, 2022 are scheduled to move forward
- Annual Certification Requests for Municipal Unions forms and fees must be received by 4:30 p.m. on 1/31/22
- Endpoint Ballot Results for Fall 2021 Recertification Elections
- Endpoint Ballots Cast in April 2021 Recertification Elections
- Our Office Has Moved Effective 09-27-18
- Outline of recent WERC developments