All appeals must be in writing. There is no form to complete, but we recommend that you include or attach the following information:
- The employee’s name, mailing address, email address and telephone number, both at work and at home.
- The name, mailing address, email address and telephone number of any individual who will be representing the employee.
- The name of the state agency that took the personnel action being appealed.
- A summary of the facts that serve as the basis for the appeal.
- The relief or remedy that is being sought.
- A copy of any written decision that is being appealed.
Final decisions issued by the Commission Chairman or a staff attorney are published in their entirety on the WERC website to provide transparency to the public and as a resource for parties that may use the WERC’s services in future matters. In instances where confidential medical information is or may be referenced in the final decision, the parties should bring this to the Commission’s attention so that privacy may be respected as part of the publication process.