The WERC’s authority to review certain State civil service personnel actions arises by statute, and more specifically Ch. 230, Stats. Information on how the Commission’s authority in this area is to be interpreted and applied can be obtained from several additional sources, including administrative rules and past decisions. The Commission looks to these sources when processing and deciding new cases.
- Chapter 230, including the “Civil service” subchapter.
- Subchapter III of Chapter 227 (“Administrative Actions and Judicial Review”)
- Chapter 804 (“Civil Procedure – Depositions and Discovery”)
- ERC 91-95, the rules of the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission.
- ER 1 through 47, the rules of the Division of Personnel Management (DPM).
- ER-MRS 1 through 34, the rules of the Division of Merit Recruitment and Selection (DMRS).
- Chapter 430 of the Wisconsin Human Resources Handbook.